Six Suspects and The Good Guy

>> Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thanks Hidayah for lending me these two books!

Credit to image source: hidayahreads.blogspot.com


Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup

I am drawn to pick this book from Hidayah’s collection because it’s written by the same author who penned Q&A. I haven’t read the book, but the movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ had impressed me. I was not disappointed. The story revolves around the murder of Vicky Rai, and the six suspects of this murder

I like the way the author unfold the story, in a ‘modular’ structure (not unlike Q&A), where each sub-chapter builds the plot around each of the six suspects, beginning by introducing them, then explains the motives and how they are related to Vicky Rai (and to each other), and ends with chapters Evidence, Solution, and Confession.

I had enjoyed reading the story – it was engaging, but I’m somewhat not satisfied with the ending.

The Good Guy by Dean Koontz

The story is about Tim Carrier who was mistaken for hitman. Tim decided to warn the targeted victim and we learn that there’s more to Tim and more to the reason why the woman was being targeted when he went all out to save her from the real killer. I like the fact that Tim has a very normal and loving family (I’m a bit sick of reading about broken or dysfunctional families).

I haven’t read this type of thriller for quite awhile, and it has been a refreshing read, in the sense that I don’t need to get emotionally ‘involved’ in the story. Fast-paced and simple yet clever, and nothing ‘deep’ for example going into psychological analysis and stuffs like that.

Credit to image source: hidayahreads.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Siti March 23, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

the pleasure's mine. sorry for the delay, though :)

Post a Comment

ABOUT ME

emel.siti@ gmail.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP