Mesra Buku book swap

>> Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Last month, I blogged about Hidayah's Book Club, and last week Lydia has shared her list of books available for swaps. Here's my own list, in no particular order:

1. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
2. 'Tis by Frank McCourt
3. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
5. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
6. A Prisoner By Birth by Jeffrey Archer
7. The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason (also available for sale at RM12 inclusive of postage)
8. The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver (also available for sale at RM12 inclusive of postage)
9. Magician by Raymond E. Feist
10. Stephen King Goes to the Movies (5 fictions that got adapted into the silver screen)
11. Dingin Salju Indiana by Nurulsham Saidin
12. Sinergi by Hilal Asyraf
13. Menara by Isa Kamari (also available for sale at RM10 inclusive of postage)
14. Tenggelamnya Kapal Van Der Wijck by Hamka
15. Travelog Haji: Mengubah Sempadan Iman by Muhd Kamil Ibrahim
16. Salahudin AYubi by Abd Latip Talib
17. Imam by Abdullah Hussein
18. Bagaikan Puteri by Ramlee Awang Murshid
19. Cinta Sang Ratu by Ramlee Awang Murshid
20. Hijab Sang Pencinta by Ramlee Awang Murshid
21. The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood (also available for sale at RM12 inclusive of postage)
22. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (also available for sale at RM18 inclusive of postage)
23. Kekasih Sam Bo Po by Faisal Tehrani

- I will add links to synopsis/review (probably not my own review) to these books later/from time to time
- I may change or add books to this list from time to time
- I may add photos of the books also available for sale so that you can view the physical condition later
- Please take care of my books, don't dog-ear them please
- Just email me at emel.siti@ gmail.com with the books you'd like to borrow together with your name, address, and phone number

I just discovered a book swap site called Paperbackswap.com in the US which I think is so cool. Each member post the books she can offer for swaps and for each book she mailed to someone who had ordered it, she can request for any other book in the pool (it's not a one person to one person swap). And you can keep the books you received, unless you wish to post it back to the pool. There's currently 5 million books in the pool to be chosen from! I wonder if it's possible to have something similar to this in Malaysia?

Sharing, for the love of reading! (ooohh, but publisher/distributor/author won't like this though ;p)

5 comments:

Hidayah Ismawi April 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM  

Wow! 5 million books. Who knows maybe you, Lydia and I can be the first drop in that ocean (for Malaysia). Good job on getting the list up.

I've finished The Alchemist review here http://thehidayahstory.blogspot.com/2011/04/alchemist-by-paulo-coelho.html I'm going to read another book before I start on The Kite Runner so I can mail you the Alchemist first next week. Do you want to choose another book from my library to hitch a ride with this one? Just e-mail me the book you want. How's the baby? Hope both of you are doing well.

kukuanga April 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

siti,
finally the list eh?
the 'pool' is so cool! 5 mil? my hometown's public library probably only have 200,000 books including the kiddies books. maybe i should write to my MP about that kan?

okey, i'll send over Tapai and Cornwell to you. do e-mail me your mailing address.

i'd like to read Hamka and Atwood. books #14 and #21. thanks.

Ummu Auni April 14, 2011 at 4:31 AM  

cop 8 & 21
oh my! my list of books is growing!
next week ada rumah tak? ataupun sibuk nak bergesel pergi book fair :D

Ummu Auni April 14, 2011 at 4:32 AM  

eh eh no 21 ada orang nak, so i change it to #8 & Obama: From Promise to Power

Siti April 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM  

hidayah,
yes, please - would like to borrow another book. i'll look over the list shortly and email you. thanks :)

kukuanga,
ok - will email you my address :)

ummuauni,
obama is not mine, pinjam kawan punya, sorry! but i'll put the bone collector together with the gladwell's books that i've put aside for you :)

ada kat rumah next weekend, insya-Allah. kalau keluar pun sekejap2 je (eg kenduri). pesta buku, kalau pergi pun (masih melobby hubby) mungkin pergi weekday to avoid the crowd.

Post a Comment

ABOUT ME

emel.siti@ gmail.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP