Hidayah’s Book Club

>> Monday, March 14, 2011

I was pleased to discover Hidayah’s Book Club a couple of weeks ago. I’ve talked about book swaps before, but so far I have only swapped books with people I know, at least virtually. But here is a book lover, who offers to lend out her books for the love of reading and sharing to anyone (well, almost anyone)! I asked her 2 questions and here is her response:

What if you don't get your books back?

Firstly, most of the people I lend out the books to are people I know in real life or via blogs, I do try to make sure that they do have a genuine blog and are real book lovers. As for not getting the books back, I am trying to give people benefit of the doubt, plus books aren't exactly dishonest people's choice of things to steal (they would prefer people who lend jewellery or designer handbags for free .. hehe).

Also, wouldn't you spend quite a bit for the postages?

As for the cost, at the moment, Alhamdulillah, I think a few RM spent on making friends with other book enthusiasts and spreading love of reading to people who might not have the means to buy the books for themselves (books are quite expensive in Malaysia) is worth it. Maybe once the demand becomes overwhelming, I might have to consider other options.

Inspired by her, I think I’ll also offer some of my books out for lending, but I haven’t got the list ready now, so I’ll publish the book list later. I have also borrowed 2 books from Hidayah, Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup and The Good Guy by Dean Koontz, both of which I had enjoyed. I will write a brief review later, so that’s two posts for the near future, insya-Allah.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 14, 2011 at 6:43 AM  

Siti, you probably already know this, but there's a group of book lovers over at Goodreads Malaysia. Friendly people, interesting discussions. :)

Hidayah's idea is a great one!

Hidayah Ismawi March 16, 2011 at 1:07 AM  

Thanks for the shout out Siti :)I look forward to your reviews

Siti March 16, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

anonymous,
i've joined GR-M but rarely sign in to join the discussions. i know i should! hmm..

hidayah,
thanks for the books! i haven't posted them back yet. sorry for the delay (i have a good reason for the delay :) will tell in email)

Post a Comment

ABOUT ME

emel.siti@ gmail.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP